Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Yes, it has been a while since I posted. Too many irons in the fire I guess. Did some turning in the last month. Wood harvested from a Hurricane Irma down tree. It was a Rosewood. Then I received a few orders for Christmas gifts. Cut the wood into appropriate chunks. Get the lathe out. Sharpen tools. Got to be able to shave with them. Too hard to turn with dull tools. Won't cut smooth and the result requires tons of sanding. Now make the chips fly. I filled a rolling dumpster twice, and several garbage bags later they we completed.....just in time for delivery.
A Salt Pig. Yes, for the chef kind of foodie. Easy access to grab a small amount of salt to scatter appropriately. Just like Grandma always said..."just a pinch or two". This from a Norfolk Island Pine. The knots make for additional interest.
Now a nice bowl from Rosewood. The heartwood being dark with the sapwood much lighter. Quite a smart contrast.
Then add another Salt Pig in Rosewood. The contrast is really neat.
The plate in Rosewood with several bone accents. All polished and pretty. I hope the recipients are as delighted as I was in creating these turnings. It was fun even if I was worn out. Happy New Year Merlin, Sara, and the foodies.















  " Aged Wine" found about 2000 years ago in Italy ....maybe....Rosewood




Comments

Popular Posts